My clients are an award-winning Digital Marketing Agency specialising in SEO and Creative Content, currently servicing huge global brands.
They are a team of creative, passionate and knowledgeable individuals from 12 different countries, speaking 15 languages and we are extremely passionate about digital marketing.
Due to continued success, they are looking for a talented and pioneering front-end developer who likes to build and break things, test and learn. The role requires strong technical skills and a great problem solver.
Over the years the agency has built out a series of tools to make what we do either possible – or just more efficient. This year they've built a dedicated in-house resource to regularly build internal tools, launch existing tools to the public and work on one big internal project that’ll become a commercial tool. You will be involved in a greenfield project, building the front-end of a major new tool, seeing it be brought to market and iterating based on real customer feedback.
Benefitting from access to vast swathes of third-party data, you'll be busting industry myths, solving problems that have previously been seen as unsolvable (don’t worry – they already have working backend code and detailed mock-ups) and creating some pretty cool proof-of-concepts along the way.
Whilst you’ll have access to the insight and experience of other developers and designers, this role will sit separately in our new innovation team and so, working closely with the Head of Innovation, you’ll be able to be part of a new growth area for the business.
You’ll have an attention to detail in terms of public-facing aspects, but also an inclination towards being scrappy, getting minimum-viable-products together fast and then iterating.
Every day is different, but essentially will consist of the following:
This role reports to the Head of Innovation and works very closely with designers amongst the team. You will be:
- Developing the REACT front-end of a responsive web app
- Working alongside the Head of Innovation to iterate the tool and implement feedback
- Able to manage your own time well – setting clear and reachable timelines for implementation and transparently reporting against those timelines.
- Carrying out QA to investigate, diagnose and fix bugs
- Writing and maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation to accompany your code
- Working closely with designers to test and solve UX challenges as they evolve.
- Experience with Git
- Calling, and working with our Lead Backend Developer to evolve, a backend API
You will have experience with unit testing your code, a product-minded approach and the ability to look ahead to build frameworks that are flexible for later code versions.
Desirable skills and experience (but not essential)
- Experience working on a SaaS application
- An understanding of design patterns and a range of data structures
- Experience working alongside Golang
- Knowledge of SOLID principals
- Experience with headless browsers
- Some SEO knowledge would be a bonus, though they will teach you the why behind everything you build from an early stage.
Interested? Please get in touch for an initial chat or apply below, attaching your CV that includes access to examples of your great code.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.