Recently founded in February 2018, my client is a young, fast-growing and ambitious technology company. The development is not yet in alpha, but is targetting a launch before 2019. It is heavily focused on high traffic, rapid growth and speed-to-market, and its long term future is heavily based around tech and code.
They have engaged Edison Hill to locate them a talented contract Go/Golang developer to build REST API services/end points to speak with their React front end. The focus will be on developing low latency, stable and scalable code, using storage systems such as S3 and Mysql. The code should be maintainable, reasonably well documented and setup with an appropriate test framework. Alongside Go, other end points exist in PHP/Lumen although you will not be required to work on these.
Due to the fast paced and dynamic nature of the startup, it is important that you are able to use initiative to understand the company's ethos and goals and are flexible enough to react to changes of direction as the company evolves. You will also have the opportunity to be involved and give input on design decisions.
You will work alongside a project manager, other developers (Slack etc), and the company director who himself is a coder.
Experience and skills required:
- Good knowledge and experience of writing Go APIs which are robust in high traffic environments which a particular focus on low latency
- A good understanding of string manipulation
- The ability to write and modify equations which determine user stats
- MySQL query writing, and also NoSQL data storage
- The ability to integrate and pull data from 3rd party APIs
- Knowledge of Gcloud APIs and AWS
- Able to work and reformat existing code
- Ability to think logically to solve problems in situations where the objective is not precisely defined
- Lateral thinking aptitude
To be considered for this Golang Developer contract opportunity please apply to this advert with your CV and examples of your great code (Github, Coderpen etc.) at your earliest convenience.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.