My clients are creating a global Micro-Services platform. With a recent investment of several hundred million £, they are led by a leadership team with a proven track record of taking technology-based solutions directly from conception through to corporations, which are either floated or acquired in deals that typically make “headline news”.
They are adopting the latest and greatest technologies to bring their Microserviced architecture platform & product on leaps and bounds into the next phase of its development. To achieve this, they have engaged Edison Hill to locate the services of their Head of Engineering.
From a strong engineering background (including, but not limited to Java, Scala, Cassandra, GoLang, Python), you will be leading & growing a team of talented technology professionals.
● Define the vision, strategy, tools and controls framework for software development
● Identify, own and manage the risks related to software development across the product and solution portfolio
● Be accountable for the delivery of multiple, large and concurrent product/platform development projects
● Evolve and optimise the agile delivery methodology to realise maximum enterprise value from the investment in engineering
● Develop our talent pool of on and offshore developers and third-party partners into a world-class platform engineering group
● Align the engineering squad to the key business / product outcomes creating a flexible resource pool to respond to the needs of our rapidly growing business
● Collaborate and influence peers and management across product management, engineering and channel management teams
● Be a spokesperson and figurehead for the engineering and platform teams, collaborating across the business, delivering the best-in-class solutions for partners
● Be a thought leader able to make bold changes, generate new ideas and able to make good ROI decisions in support of the client's business strategy.
● Represent the engineering team in cross-organisational forums regarding technical, product and incident topics.
● Ideally 12 years of experience in software development with 8 years in a leadership position and at least 3 years managing a team of 30 or more as a second line manager
● Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead cross organisational initiatives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. Must be able to lead through uncertainty.
● Strong knowledge of architectural and design patterns, open source platforms and frameworks.
● Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
● Hands on experience with enterprise class software running significant transactional volumes
● Experience of working with developing near and offshore development teams
● Good general budgeting, resource allocation, planning and governance
● Good understanding of implementing API based services (SOA) architecture,
● Experience of developing and implementing a development strategy
● Experience of working with Google Cloud services (AWS, Azure or other).
● Knowledge of platform infrastructure and CI/CD best practice.
● Reporting to the CTO/CPO you will drive the delivery of high quality technical solutions
● You will partner with your peers, the Head of Product, Head of Data and Head of Infrastructure to coordinate the delivery of client projects.
● You will work with country manager, supply and demand development leads, as well as the operations teams to ensure the delivery of successful client solutions.
● Your team will closely collaborate with Product Owners to that the product-solution gaps are minimised and the product roadmaps support our clients needs.
You will be a motivated individual who can support and drive the development effort further through new tech and quality while changing the mindset of how things can be done and advance the platform further from both a scalability and performance perspective.
My client wants its team to enjoy coming to work and promotes an environment that is collaborative, creative, passionate, professional and happy.
As well an excellent basic salary, career opportunity and fantastic offices, this role offers potentially life-changinging equity in the business and a range of full benefits (pension, healthcare, travel, dental & life insurance) along with beer on tap.
To schedule an initial confidential chat please apply to this advert below, including your CV with any examples of your teams’ successes to date.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.