My client is a global independent cloud technology integrator. They design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. They have offices company has offices in London, Mountain View, Rio De Janeiro, Cape Town, and Bangalore.
Operating in a flat structure, they are passionate about opensource technology and have an ethos of continuous personal development. They encourage a relaxed, yet highly motivating, workplace and are a rapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as they scale globally.
Due to continued success they urgently require talented Java Software Engineers to join their Engineering teams and are recruiting at all levels. They are keen to hear from people with different amounts of experience in their required skills and a passion for technology.
You will be part of my clients global, distributed Software Engineering team, and will also work closely with the wider opensource community, through mailing lists, slack channels and occasional physical meetings. Your role will be mainly designing & developing features, either from direct customer demand, creating vendor integrations or through our ongoing feature roadmap. You will also be expected to help, support our customer’s production operations.
The work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. We are a polyglot environment – developing solutions in mainly Java but also Python whilst working with many different technologies for integration. We then donate all our work back to the opensource project.
Their team values collaboration, customer focus & continuous improvement. They will provide you training and mentoring but fully expect you to have a passion for learning new technologies and to work on a collaborative basis.
You will be an experienced Java developer, having spent time developing complex distributed systems. You will be able to grasp complex architectural issues in a wide variety of fields. You will have a proven ability to (and the desire to) quickly learn new technologies combined with a proven record in delivering solid software. You will have experience working in collaborative open source projects. You will prefer wearing jeans to a suit but be happy to work with guys in suits.
• Multiple years of core Java development experience in a distributed system environment with an emphasis on networking and multi-threading.
• Experience tuning the JVM to support production workloads, Spring, and Maven are highly desired.
• Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
• Usage and/or development of an IaaS orchestration platform (e.g. Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, OpenStack, etc.)
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as ESXi, KVM, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like LibVirt is a plus
• Experience of writing Python to develop system automation and test scripts
• Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) and MySQL Database Development
• Knowledge of networking and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired
• Knowledge of container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
• Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to work as part of a team
• BSc (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
The position will require occasional international travel to different offices, conferences and customer sites.
• 100% Global remote working
• Excellent salary and bonus scheme
• Flexible holiday and annual leave policy
• Great working environment
To schedule an initial, confidential chat kindly apply to this advert below, not forgetting to include your CV along with any examples of your great code (GitHub etc).
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.Please apply below at your earliest convenience.