My client are a direct consumer e-commerce retailer in the lifestyle industry. In the 3 years since they were founded, they have grown rapidly and now have ecommerce stores in 15 countries across Europe and North America. They IPO-ed on the AIM in May 2017 and now have over 100 people working out of our awesome offices in the heart of Camden.
What you'll be doing
You'll be leading a team of developers to build the platform for one of the UK's hottest startups. You'll be running the ecommerce platform which powers stores in 15 countries across Europe and North America. You'll be fully responsible for the system architecture and lead a team of front-end and back-end engineers.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating a scalable architecture for our ecommerce platform, connecting Magento with the Laravel front-end and our ERP systems
- Running development sprints and making sure we deliver on time with high quality
- Defining quality assurance strategies and implementing a test-driven development environment
- Delivering reliable, high performance infrastructure that can efficiently handle traffic spikes
- Working with the product management team and the senior management to ensure proposed new features are technically viable
- Managing both the internal development team and external development agencies
- Coaching developers and ensuring the team is working with coding best practices
Desired Skills and Experience:
What you'll have (skills)
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following:
- 2+ years experience with system architecture and 5+ years total experience as a developer
- Experience working with APIs to integrate multiple systems
- Experience working with Laravel
- Experience working with Magento 2
- Advanced PHP design patterns knowledge
- Advanced SQL
- Experience doing code reviews and giving feedback to developers
- Experience with Docker and deployment pipelines
- A strong knowledge of dev ops, especially working with AWS
- Bonus points for experience integrating payment providers
What is on offer:
- The opportunity to work within a young and dynamic startup and learn from excellent colleagues.
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- Hiit classes, yoga and community events in our shared office space, LABS Atrium in the heart of Camden market.
- Free products and great discounts for family and friends (on completion of probation).
- 23 days holiday per year plus the usual public holidays pro rata.
Sound good to you? Please apply online for the opportunity to join a growing team in the heart of Camden.