My clients are creating a global Microservices, Big Data, cutting edge platform that will very likely be as popular as the likes of Spotify & UBER (I appreciate that's some claim but these are big players).
They have a leadership team with a track record of taking technology based solutions from conception through to IPO or acquisition, in deals that made headline news.
Adopting the latest and greatest technologies to bring their product on leaps and bounds into the next phase of its development, they now require a Principle SDET/QA Team Lead to lead and mentor a growing team of SDET at this exciting, and still early stage, in the company’s growth, offering a potentially life changing journey with the shares that are available.
● You’re an Engineer - you know many programming languages, database concepts, comfortable participating in product design, data design and user interfaces
● You can code - you know to build and test product that can meet user expectations. To test any application deep enough, you are able to understand the code upon which that application or product is built
● You’re a tester - you know that testing starts at unit level through to functional level with acceptance and product performance testing. And you’re proficient in all of these test phases. You understand the place for manual testing, but deliver on your passion for automation by leveraging your coding skill and deep technical knowledge
● You’re the Customer Advocate - your views & opinions matter as you know everything about a product. You have participated in all levels of product design, worked with product manager, product development team and end product user. You understand the need of a software product as a whole therefore you are the best customer advocate
● You’re NOT a QA - QAs test when the development phase is over whereas. You are active during the development phase and work shoulder to shoulder with developer to understand the underlying code
● You ARE the SME - all travellers on the path to Continuous Deployment seek your wisdom and guidance!
What you will be doing
● Automate, automate, automate
● Define, build & own our test automation frameworks
● Select, develop & own test automation suites, applying the latest techniques in test automation
● Drive Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) by working hand-in-hand with the development and product management teams
● Produce test code to automate functional testing
● Participate in product architecture and design, influencing decisions to drive quality and adherence to performance, fault tolerance & high availability specifications
● Drive the use of risk driven techniques
● Work with the Development team to drive the capture and re-use of automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects
● Design & own the end to end environment needed for all product quality engineering activities
● Act as quality consultant to internal stakeholders and provide inputs during all phases of SDLC
● Define & drive quality metrics across the organisation
● Automate reporting, increase observability
● Evangelise all things quality
● Be creative in adapting tech stacks to reduce test cycles and improve deployment and accelerate time to market
● Mentor other members of the team
● Automate all aspects of testing by extending the current framework to reduce the time to market of our applications
● Assess our SDLC for gaps, design and implement fixes
Experience & Skills
● 6+ years of experience spread across internet and product companies.
● Excellent coding skills in one or more programming languages eg Java, Scala, Go
● Excellent coding skills in one or more scripting languages eg Python
● In depth knowledge of common frameworks such as Cucumber, Spring and Swagger
● Hands-on experience with test frameworks such as JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito, TestNG, Jmeter
● Strong XML and JSON skills
● Extensive knowledge of Agile development practices including TDD and BDD
● Expertise in testing large scale distributed systems - Microservices
● Distributed queuing systems like Kafka, NoSQL DBs
● Experience in Database Systems and proficient in SQL
● Experience in Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark and any Streaming framework
● Experience in performance and benchmark testing, tuning.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice if you also have
● Contribution to Open Source Testing frameworks is a big plus
● Knowledge of CI/CD principles & techniques
- Full time employee shares (actual shares, not options, that will be life changing if you can deliver)
- Great office space and perks (free beer on tap!)
- Private medical and travel insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life assurance - £150,000 per life
To be considered for this life-changing opportunity please apply ASAP with your CV, including any examples of your great skills via GitHub, BitBucket etc.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds. PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.