My financial client requires a Python Django Developer to become a pivotal part of the development team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the development of innovative financial analytic applications and internal systems.
This is an amazing opportunity to make a real difference to the architecture and delivery of my clients' applications and technical systems, and work with a bright and enthusiastic development team.
- Development of cutting edge FinTech tools and systems to enhance financial analytics, reporting and risk management capabilities.
- Application and understanding of data structures and software development to optimise existing tools and procedures through identifying and improving on inefficiencies.
- Create scalable processes and systems for our internal and external applications, data infrastructure and integration with 3rd party services/systems.
- Utilise probability, statistics, numerical methods and mathematical optimizations to enhance our product offering.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience.
- Exceptional programming skills (server, clientside, Scripting/operational).
- Experience in related frameworks (for example Django, Angular, Bootcamp, React etc.)
- Knowledge of system design/architecture including strong database (SQL) skills.
- Good working knowledge of Git, CI/CD.
- Experience in a dynamic, rapid turnaround software engineering environment.
- Inquisitive nature, ability to ask right questions and escalate issues.
- Risk & control mind-set.
- Team player.
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters degree in Maths, Finance, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- One or two years' experience in financial services development.
- Experience with R or similar analytical languages.
- Experience with financial derivatives, risk systems or other systems based on the application of financial models.
- AWS experience a plus.
To request a full job spec please apply to this opportunity at your earliest convenience.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.