Our clients are an extremely well funded & established startup based in London’s West End. They are looking for a team of strong Senior Backend Engineers with experience working with scalable platforms and microservice architectures, or rising stars eager to learn fast.
The ideal candidates will be interested in how the whole platform works and enjoy delivering features end to end, changing multiple microservices and interacting with other teams as part of the process. They will have a positive attitude and feel motivated to work hard and build a product that we are all proud of.
Who you are:
● keen to reach outside your team to collaborate with other aspects of the business
● eager to learn Golang (in case you don’t know it already we will support you)
● experienced working in the Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
● experienced working with Docker and ideally some container orchestrator like Kubernetes
● experienced with some relational and NoSql databases
● experienced working with event based systems (ex: Kafka, PubSub, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, NSQ or others)
● Understand practices around microservices (tracing, communication between microservices (REST vs gRPC), synchronous vs event based, instrumentation, deployment, gateways, service mashes etc.)
● best candidates also have proven experience with some architecture patterns like: sharding, lambdas, CQRS, event sourcing, caching, leadership election, distributed locking, circuit breakers, cascading failures etc.
What our clients do:
● They have close to 100 microservices. Most of them are written in Go and some teams started using Kotlin. Knowledge of Go is desired but not required and they are supportive of motivated developers coming from other languages
● They are using Kubernetes and have a Microservice, event-driven architecture.
● They are running in Google Cloud and use Google PubSub, BigQuery and Google CloudML Engine for Machine Learning products
● They are using both Relational and NoSql databases based on what works best for each microservice, ideally choosing managed infrastructure where possible
● They have CI/CD pipelines in place (we use Jenkins) and a mature development environment
● They constantly try to improve the way they work
Package and Benefits
● Competitive salary
● Full time employee shares
● Modern office space and other perks (free coffee, biscuits, fruit, onsite honesty market and beer)
● 25-days holiday
● Private medical and travel insurance
● Dental insurance
● Life assurance - £150,000 per life
To be considered for this life-changing opportunity please apply ASAP with your CV, including examples of your great coding skills, via GitHub etc.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.