My clients are global leaders in delivering Fintech solutions that allow banks and FS players to transform themselves. This means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help their partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this they need an amazing team so they have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond.
What you'll be doing
They are looking for Senior Kotlin/Java engineers to work on their software delivery projects. You will be working with the existing engineering and architecture team on a new customer project, working to integrate their backend services with new capabilities and supporting a new mobile app.
Your focus will be on server-side engineering, designing and building performant cloud-native microservices with clean APIs, most likely on one of our client engagements. They encourage ownership, and we’ll also expect you to develop ‘T-shaped’ skills, working with your team to what’s needed to deliver to the client. They don’t like organisational silos, and you’ll be working closely with product, designers and other experts in their fields. You may also need to perform rapid prototyping, ‘spiking out’ quick and dirty software in order to demonstrate a concept before turning it into something more ‘production-like’. You should also understand good software component design and be able to identify where you can create reusable ‘building blocks’ to accelerate engagements.
They are firm believers in autonomous teams and iterative development. They are crazy about continuous improvement and knowledge sharing and want people who share their enthusiasm. They know that building high performance, highly scalable, always available, fault tolerant systems is a team game and so they want to know that you play well with others. Lone geniuses are brilliant - just not for us.
They are highly client-focused and partner closely with clients and stakeholders, so while you won’t be expected ‘carry’ client meetings, you’ll need to be comfortable talking to clients (often not technical), demoing features and services, and working in an agile and iterative fashion. They believe that you grow a system, rather than build it, so architecture and infrastructure is designed to allow to roll small bits of code to production quickly, and really often. At a minimum to see that you have experience of working in cloud-based, highly-automated deployment environments and that you can demonstrate that you understand that this awesome power comes a lot of responsibility.
Your Technical Skills:
- You have been building services and applications at a senior level on the JVM - likely as a Java developer, and exploring Kotlin more recently.
- You’re familiar with microservice architectures, and you’ve built and deployed containerised services to Cloud-based orchestration layers and platforms.
- You’re familiar with the Spring framework.
- You’re familiar with TDD, you know what a good unit test looks like, and you can write tests across the test pyramid
- You’ve used GraphQL to implement well-designed APIs, and you also know what a good RESTful API looks like
- Applying cyber security best practices
- You work agile and iterative, in a way that works for you and your team. You are adept at slicing your work to deliver small and often
- You’re a team player, able to function as part of a team of talented senior people, and lead when appropriate.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
- You’re a self-starter who knows how to commit and deliver
- You can be flexible and pragmatic with technology decisions, making appropriate tradeoffs to deliver.
- You’re aware of the bigger picture, continuously thinking holistically about what the team is delivering, and how it can be improved.
- You are personable, and have excellent communication skills
- You’ll be passionate in your opinion, but okay to relinquish or modify it.
- You have a desire to always improve and learn new things
You'll be joining one of THE BEST teams in financial services, with an outstanding team of company leaders, project leaders and subject matter of experts in every part of the business.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Season ticket loan
- Birthday off (or your child’s if you prefer)
Interested? In the first instance please apply below. If you can include your CV and examples of your great code that would be awesome.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.