Our clients have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names. These three fantastic brands are leading the way in developing a reliable, cutting edge, highly transactional, high volume platform.
These three separate brands together have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
They believe in being great people to work with: are very passionate about their work, but also think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. They consider themselves entrepreneurial - believing in challenging the status quo and solving problems all their users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, they are inclusive: no matter who they are, where they come from, or which project they work on, they are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
The purpose is to simplify complex marketplaces with intuitive and accessible applications that genuinely improve people’s lives.
Their platforms serve millions of users a month and drive hundreds of complex integrations with vastly different partners. They are a tech-driven business that focuses on agile delivery and cross functional product teams, creating their next generation of platforms, and as they scale are looking for passionate, empathetic engineers to build highly performant, accessible, and beautiful consumer experiences on the web.
What you might be working on:
- Building the future of the micro front-ends at leveraging some of our packages such koa-core, ustyle, and frameworks like Inferno, React, Apollo and GraphQL
- Delivering integrated and accessible full checkout journeys for additional products like Credit
- Working with multiple other teams to help drive wider initiatives; working in Clojure, Go, Elixir and deploying to Kubernetes
- Creating a personalised experience on the homepage and a new applicaiton
- Building performance tooling to continuously improve our TTFB across the site, and optimising for a PWA experience with offline caching and push notifications
- Creating beautiful dashboard experiences for B2B products using D3.js and React
They pride ourselves in delivering accessible, performant, and functional experiences to their users, hopefully you do too.
The things they look for in you:
- You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have immediate, meaningful impact - they deploy up to 150 times a day
- Care about the product life cycle and the lifetime value of the customer - without their customers we wouldn’t have a business
- Passionate about accessibility, performance, UX, and A/B testing
- Pragmatic and deliver thoughtful and awesome solutions to solve business problems
- Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross functional agile teams - they value people that want to push themselves into unknown territories
- Want to be involved in the larger engineering community, and contribute back to that community through open source projects and conferences
- Have a deep understanding of web applications and the surrounding stacks
- We aren’t wedded to languages, but you should know how an application works for a customer :)
What you’ll get in return:
They want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at work even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- Lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
There’s more…..they also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding.
Interested? In the first instance please apply below. If you can include your CV and examples of your great code that would be awesome.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.