My clients are creating a global platform that will very likely be as popular as the likes of Spotify & UBER (I appreciate that's some claim but these are big players).
They have a leadership team with a track record of taking technology based solutions from conception through to corporations that are either floated or acquired in deals that make headline news.
They are adopting the latest and greatest technologies to bring their product on leaps and bounds into the next phase of its development. To achieve this they are growing a team of talented Software Development Engineer in Test to join their team at this exciting, and still very early stage, in the company’s growth, and will offer a potentially life changing journey with the shares that are available.
You must be a motivated individual who can work as part of a small team of test engineers alongside the development team where you:
- Will ensure code changes and build releases are being covered with automated acceptance and regression test to the highest quality both in terms of defect mitigation and application experience.
- You will work closely with project stakeholders to prioritise and solve bugs and deliver feedback
- Support in the creation, maintenance and implementation of dedicated automated test suites and associated test cases.
- Define and write new test scripts, maintain existing test scripts to ensure any new features of product changes are covered during automated acceptance and regression tests.
- Investigating failing test scripts, diagnose, quarantine and investigate as appropriate to ensure a continual process of development and deployment
- Testing content to ensure it is free of bugs and stable as well as ensuring test teams are working to high standards
- Review other engineers reports and test scripts offering advice as is necessary
- Responsible for supporting multitester projects, delegating to others within their capabilities when required and providing constructive feedback where necessary
- Creating and executing project work planning and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements Analysing product content and provide relevant, constructive and varied feedback in order to maintain the highest level of quality
- Supporting in the creation of documented test cases/test plans and implementing these
- Ensuring relevant project test suites have been created/maintained and are up to date prior to test
- Supporting the training and mentoring of subordinates Investigating bugs, documenting and submitting them to development teams and test the fixes Fostering a healthy development and test culture through exploratory testing, critical thinking and analysis to achieve production quality code first time around
- Adhering to development process best practices such as branching, code reviews and code health
Knowledge and experience of issue tracking/project management tools Experience in test script, test case, test suite and test plan creation Logically perform structured approach to critical analysis and exploratory testing Quickly and methodically detect and log issues and track their progress Excellent bug tracking skills and analytical attitude towards work Excellent understanding of the QA lifecycle Comprehensive knowledge of the in-application systems, mechanics and content Demonstrate an expert knowledge of the design, life cycle and development process Demonstrable experience within QA automated testing Ability to create, maintain and review strong test suites Superb bug tracking skills and analytical attitude towards work Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills Personal Qualities
Very strong verbal/written communication skills & excellent attention to detail Excellent judgment skills and team working abilities Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills Energetic, enthusiastic and self motivated with a strong work ethic A proactive and driven attitude towards QA and ability to work under pressure Demonstrable ability to self-manage and be organised with a strong work ethic Superb verbal and written communication skills & excellent attention to detail Strong commercial awareness, with an understanding of business priorities Confidence to manage the needs and demands of multiple development teams Highly adaptable and capable of working in a high pressure environment Desirable Requirements:
Experience with Agile (Scrum) Advanced science related degree is a plus but not essential An understanding of testing Machine Learning algorithms within a Big Data environment Company Benefits
d drive the backend development further through new tech and quality. Changing the mindset of how they can do things and advance the platform further ahead from both a scalability point of view as well as performance.
Quality is key and with this in mind, you will have that mindset to make sure things are done in the best way they can be done.
If you’re looking for a opportunity to join a fast paced startup that promotes an environment for collaborative culture and growth striving to delivering production quality code first time around then look no further!
- Advanced Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree or similar, Python
- Full time employee shares (actual shares, not options, that will be life changing if you can deliver)
- Great office space and perks (free beer on tap!)
- Private medical and travel insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life assurance - £150,000 per life
To be considered for this life-changing opportunity please apply ASAP with your CV, including examples of your great skills, via GitHub etc.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER APPEARS IN THE SUBJECT BOX.