Title: Software Engineer, Test (open source)
My clients are a global leading independent enterprise cloud technology integrator. They design, build, integrate, and support IaaS environments for service provider and enterprise customers. The company has offices in London, Silicon Valley, Brazil, South Africa and India.
They have an ethos of continuous personal development and encourage people to learn and explore their technology space. They are a relaxed, yet highly motivating, workplace who are arapidly growing, small business offering rapid career growth to the right people as they scale.
They seek a Software Engineer, in Test, to automate testing of infrastructure automation and datacenter optimization tools. They actively contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of open source Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) projects. They collaborate with their customers and consulting teams to define the features they contribute to the IaaS community. They are also developing products atop the cloud application to create a datacenter management platform. Finally, they support their customers’ production operations.
Their work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and/or networking. They need to establish an automated test platform to verify the operation of the cloud application across a complex matrix of operating systems, network topologies, hypervisors, and infrastructure components. The team values collaboration, continuous improvement, and the Apache Way.
The following are the base qualifications for this position:
• 3+ years of automating the testing of API-based web applications and/or distributed systems using Python. Experience with Nose desired.
• 1+ years of experience designing test plans, test cases, and test datasets
• Usage and/or development of an IaaS platform (e.g.Apache CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
• 1+ years of Linux system administration in either an RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu environment
• Familiarity with a configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.) and MySQL Database Development
• Knowledge of network and storage infrastructure automation strongly desired
• Desire to provide Tier 2/3 support to customers including participation in regular call rotations
• Excellent spoken and written English and the ability to work as part of a remote team
• BS (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related field
The position will also involve the execution of manual test scripts to verify IaaS functionality that has not yet been automated. It will also require occasional travel to conferences and customer sites.
Excellent salary and bonus scheme. 100% remote working options. Benefits based on location.
To schedule an initial confidential chat please apply to this advert below, including your CV.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.