As a Web Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of back end applications. This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You’ll also work closely with the UAT Coordinator to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
Duties & responsibilities
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API’s to enable system integration
- Reporting on server load and other valuable statistics
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and written)
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Sound judgment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Minimum 3 years’ full time experience in PHP development
· Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
· Minimum 3 years’ full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
· Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
· Strong knowledge of application security is essential (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems)
· Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
· Experience working with GIT
Salary: Up to £40000 per annum + annual bonus (5%) + pension + healthcare + perkbox + laptop
To be considered for this role please apply below.
Edison Hill Limited are operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. Edison Hill Limited are an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.